If you are on a student visa, you need to gain approval from Flinders International for leave from your studies. Approvals will only be granted in limited circumstances that are considered compassionate or compelling. Compassionate or compelling circumstances are generally those beyond the control of the student and have an impact on the student's course progress or wellbeing.  If you are considering suspending your studies please submit an Ask Flinders request, and select 'Student visa/CoE'  and attach any supporting documentation. Please contact International Student Services (ISS) to discuss your situation. Any suspension of studies may affect your student visa status.