Commonwealth supported students* who are Australian citizens or Permanent Humanitarian visa holders are eligible to apply for HECS-HELP.

A HECS-HELP loan allows you to defer payment of your student contribution (university tuition fees) until you earn an income that meets the minimum threshold for repayment.

*Commonwealth supported students who are permanent residents (but not Permanent Humanitarian visa holders) and New Zealand citizens are ineligible for HECS-HELP loans and must pay their student contribution amount in full by the due date. Some New Zealand citizens who have been long-term residents of Australia since childhood and meet particular eligibility criteria (see the Study Assist website for details) are eligible to defer fees.

Comments (0)