Accurate personal details are a requirement of enrolment and in some cases are required by the Australian Government for statistical and visa purposes.

Please ensure all of your details are correct and up-to-date at all times (especially address and telephone details) to make certain you receive important information about your studies from the University.


Address, phone, emergency contact, citizenship and residency, cultural and disability details

You can check, update or confirm your address, phone, emergency contact, citizenship and residency, cultural and disability details personal information in the Student System 'My Details' tab using the 'add/change/confirm' buttons. Update and confirm your details each year before proceeding to enrol.


Date of birth, gender or change of name details

If your date of birth or gender is incorrectly recorded, or you need to change your name, you need to contact Flinders Connect as soon as possible.  Flinders Connect is located in the Student Hub, Level 0 of the Central Library building at the Bedford Park campus

You will need to provide one of the following official, original (or certified copied) documents as proof:

  • A current passport
  • Birth certificate
  • Official Name Change Certificate
  • Driver’s license

Please note that we can only accept the above documents as proof, and other such documents as, Medicare Card, Extract of a Birth Certificate are not acceptable. Scanned and certified electronic documentation will also be accepted.

If you are unable to come in to the campus, please forward the certified copy of your supporting documents, and an explanation of what information you are requesting to have changed, to:

Flinders Connect
Flinders University
GPO Box 2100,
Adelaide SA 5001


If you encounter problems in updating your personal details, submit an online support request via Ask Flinders.


False representation
If you knowingly provide false information, you may be guilty of an offence under Section 51 of the Births, Deaths, and Marriages Registration Act 1996.

Comments (0)