Check important dates for census dates, last day to withdraw without failure and last day to withdraw for each semester.
You must withdraw before the census date to avoid incurring student contribution amounts, tuition fees and student services and amenities fees.
If you withdraw from a topic and are receiving Youth Allowance/Austudy, and your total study load is reduced below 13.5 units in a semester, you must notify Centrelink. To qualify for Youth Allowance/Austudy, you must be enrolled in a full time load of 13.5 or more units per semester.
International students studying in Australia on a student visa must remain enrolled full-time (normally 18 units per semester).
To withdraw from topics:
- Log in to the Student System using your student ID number and password, and go to the 'My Enrolment' tab
- Select 'Withdraw from Topics' in the side menu
- Select the topic(s) you wish to withdraw from and click on the 'Next' button
- You must confirm that you want to withdraw from the topic(s) by clicking on the 'Withdraw' button
- Select 'View My Current Enrolment' to ensure that you have successfully withdrawn
Note: unregistering from a class does not withdraw you from a topic.
Research higher degree candidates should contact their relevant College Administrative Officer for information on how to withdraw.