Students who intend on studying topics at another university towards their Flinders course, must get permission to do so when enrolling. Students can request approval for cross-institutional study by clicking on 'My Support' above, and 'Open a new request' . In your request, please include:

  • the name of the topic
  • the name of the institution where you would like to study it
  • a link to the information page
  • the dates you would like to study the topic in your request.

Approved topics will be included on your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) to allow you to seek enrolment at the other institution. You can download your COE from the Student System.

Approval to undertake cross-institutional study does not constitute acceptance or enrolment at the other university. You will still need to enrol formally in the relevant topics at the other university, and your enrolment is subject to the enrolment requirements, including payment of student contribution amounts or tuition fees, of that university.

Students who wish to enrol in Chinese, German and Japanese language topics taught by the University of Adelaide at Flinders University must enrol as cross-institutional students at the University of Adelaide.

Students enrolling in cross-institutional study other than these topics must take their Confirmation of Enrolment notice together with evidence of fee payment (e.g. Commonwealth Assistance Notice) from Flinders University when enrolling at the other university. International students undertaking cross-institutional enrolment will be required to pay a separate fee to the other university. Refer to the International Student Fees policy for details.

Visit the Cross-institutional students page for more information.